For the Salad:
- 2 cups diced apples (such as Granny Smith or Red Delicious)
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves for serving (optional)
1. Prepare the Dressing:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, and honey (if using). Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Set the dressing aside.
2. Combine Salad Ingredients:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the diced apples, diced celery, halved grapes, chopped walnuts, and raisins.
3. Add Dressing:
- Pour the prepared dressing over the salad ingredients.
4. Toss Gently:
- Gently toss all the ingredients together until they are well coated with the dressing.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the Waldorf Salad for at least 30 minutes before serving. This allows the flavors to meld.
- If desired, serve the Waldorf Salad on a bed of lettuce leaves for an attractive presentation.
Cooking Time: This salad doesn’t require any cooking time.
Serving Size: This recipe serves approximately 4 people as a side dish.