For the French Toast:
- 8 slices of thick bread (such as brioche or challah)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Butter for cooking
For the Filling:
- Nutella (as much as desired)
- Fresh strawberries, sliced
- Powdered sugar
- Maple syrup
1. Prepare the French Toast Batter:
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, and a pinch of salt until well combined.
2. Assemble the French Toast:
- Spread Nutella on one side of each slice of bread. Place sliced strawberries on half of the bread slices and then sandwich with the remaining slices, Nutella side facing inwards.
3. Soak the French Toast:
- Dip each Nutella and strawberry sandwich into the egg mixture, ensuring both sides are well-coated.
4. Cook the French Toast:
- In a large skillet or griddle, melt butter over medium heat. Cook each side of the French toast sandwiches until golden brown and the egg mixture is cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Place the cooked Strawberry Nutella French Toast on a serving plate.
- Dust the French Toast with powdered sugar.
7. Top and Enjoy:
- Drizzle with maple syrup and add extra sliced strawberries on top.
8. Serve Warm:
- Serve the Strawberry Nutella French Toast warm.
Cooking Time: Approximately 10-15 minutes.
Serving Size: This recipe makes 4 servings. Adjust quantities based on your preferences. Enjoy this delightful and indulgent French toast for a delicious breakfast or brunch treat!