- 6 ripe tomatoes, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups tomato juice (or vegetable juice)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped (for garnish)
- Croutons or diced vegetables (for garnish)
1. Prepare the Vegetables:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, cucumber, red bell pepper, red onion, and minced garlic.
2. Blend the Vegetables:
- Working in batches, transfer a portion of the vegetable mixture to a blender or food processor. Add some tomato juice and blend until smooth. Continue until all the vegetables are pureed.
3. Combine and Season:
- Return the pureed vegetables to the large mixing bowl. Stir in the remaining tomato juice, red wine vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil, salt, black pepper, sugar, cumin, and paprika. Mix well.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the gazpacho for at least 2 hours, or until it’s well-chilled. This soup is best when served cold.
- Ladle the chilled gazpacho into bowls. Garnish with chopped fresh basil and your choice of croutons or diced vegetables.
- Serve your Spanish Gazpacho with Fresh Veggies as a light and refreshing appetizer or meal.
Cooking Time: This recipe doesn’t require cooking time, but it should be chilled for at least 2 hours before serving.
Serving Size: This recipe serves approximately 4 people.