- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat the Oven:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Prepare Brussels Sprouts:
- In a large bowl, toss the halved Brussels sprouts with olive oil, chopped bacon, minced garlic, salt, and black pepper. Ensure the Brussels sprouts are well coated.
- Roast in the Oven:
- Spread the Brussels sprouts and bacon mixture in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the Brussels sprouts are golden brown and crispy on the edges, and the bacon is cooked.
- Optional Additions:
- If desired, drizzle balsamic vinegar over the roasted Brussels sprouts for added flavor.
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over the Brussels sprouts during the last 5 minutes of roasting for a cheesy finish.
- Transfer the roasted Brussels sprouts and bacon to a serving dish. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
- Roasting Brussels sprouts: 20-25 minutes
Serving Size: This recipe serves 4-6 as a side dish.