For the Chicken Salad:
- 4 cups cooked chicken, diced or shredded (rotisserie chicken works well)
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans or almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- Croissants, rolls, or bread for making sandwiches
1. Prepare the Chicken Salad:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the diced or shredded chicken, halved red grapes, chopped celery, chopped red onion, toasted pecans or almonds, and dried cranberries or raisins.
2. Make the Dressing:
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, Dijon mustard, honey, fresh lemon juice, salt, and black pepper. Adjust the seasoning to your taste.
3. Combine Salad and Dressing:
- Pour the dressing over the chicken and fruit mixture. Gently toss everything together until the chicken salad is well coated with the dressing.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the chicken salad for at least 1 hour before serving. This allows the flavors to meld.
- When ready to serve, line a serving platter with lettuce leaves. You can also make sandwiches by scooping the chicken salad onto croissants, rolls, or bread.
Serving Size: This recipe serves approximately 8-10 people, making it ideal for parties and gatherings.