- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and cut into sticks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish, optional)
- Prepare the Vegetables:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, toss the carrot and parsnip sticks with olive oil, salt, and pepper until evenly coated.
- Roast the Vegetables:
- Spread the vegetables in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the carrots and parsnips are tender and golden, stirring halfway through.
- Make the Maple Glaze:
- In a small saucepan, combine maple syrup, butter, and Dijon mustard.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring until the butter is melted and the mixture is well combined.
- Glaze the Vegetables:
- Drizzle the maple glaze over the roasted carrots and parsnips. Toss to coat evenly.
- Transfer the glazed vegetables to a serving platter.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley if desired.
- Preparation: 10 minutes
- Roasting: 25-30 minutes
Serving Size: This recipe serves 4-6 people.