- 1 shot of espresso (or 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee)
- 1 cup milk (whole milk or your choice of milk)
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup (adjust to your sweetness preference)
- 2-3 strips of cooked bacon
- Whipped cream for topping (optional)
- Additional crumbled bacon for garnish (optional)
1. Brew Espresso or Coffee:
- Brew a shot of espresso using your espresso machine, or prepare a strong cup of coffee using your preferred method.
2. Cook Bacon:
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until it’s crispy. Remove it from the skillet, drain on paper towels, and crumble it into small pieces. Set aside.
3. Heat the Milk:
- In a saucepan, heat the milk over medium heat. Be careful not to boil it; you want it hot but not scalding.
4. Froth the Milk:
- If you have a milk frother, froth the hot milk until it’s creamy and has a nice foam. If you don’t have a frother, you can vigorously whisk the milk until it becomes frothy, or you can use a handheld immersion blender.
5. Combine Ingredients:
- In a serving mug, add the shot of espresso or strong coffee.
- Stir in 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup, adjusting to your desired sweetness level.
- Pour the frothed milk into the mug, using a spoon to hold back the foam.
6. Top with Bacon:
- Sprinkle the crumbled bacon pieces over the top of your Maple Bacon Latte.
7. Add Whipped Cream (Optional):
- If you like, you can add a dollop of whipped cream on top of your latte for extra indulgence.
8. Garnish (Optional):
- For an extra bacon boost, you can sprinkle a pinch of additional crumbled bacon over the whipped cream.
- Serve your Maple Bacon Latte immediately while it’s warm.
Cooking Time: The total cooking time is approximately 15-20 minutes, depending on the bacon cooking and milk frothing.
Serving Size: This recipe makes one Maple Bacon Latte.