For the Cake:
- 1 box (18.25 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 4 large eggs
For the Topping:
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 container (8 ounces) whipped topping (like Cool Whip)
- Maraschino cherries for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat the Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9×13-inch (23×33 cm) baking pan.
2. Prepare the Cake Batter:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the yellow cake mix, undrained mandarin oranges, and eggs. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes until well combined.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool completely in the pan.
5. Prepare the Topping:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the drained crushed pineapple and instant vanilla pudding mix. Mix until well combined. Gently fold in the whipped topping until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
6. Frost the Cake:
- Spread the pineapple and pudding mixture over the cooled cake.
- If desired, garnish with maraschino cherries.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 2 hours before serving to allow the flavors to meld.
- Cut the cake into squares and serve. Enjoy!
Cooking Time: The baking time is approximately 25-30 minutes.
Serving Size: This recipe serves approximately 12 people.