- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground almonds or almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raspberry jam (or any preferred jam)
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream the Butter and Sugar:
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add Vanilla and Dry Ingredients:
- Mix in the vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, ground almonds, ground cinnamon, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter-sugar mixture, mixing until a dough forms.
- Chill the Dough:
- Divide the dough in half, shape each half into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Roll and Cut Out Shapes:
- On a floured surface, roll out one disk of dough to about 1/8 inch thickness. Use a round cookie cutter to cut out cookies. For half of the cookies, use a smaller round cutter to create a window in the center.
- Repeat the process with the second disk of dough.
- Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheets and bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Assemble the Cookies:
- Once the cookies are cool, spread a thin layer of raspberry jam on the solid cookies.
- Place the cut-out cookies on top, creating a sandwich with the jam in the center.
- Dust with Powdered Sugar:
- Dust the top of the cookies with powdered sugar for a decorative finish.
- Serve and Enjoy:
- Allow the Linzer cookies to set before serving.
- Preparation: 20 minutes (plus chilling time)
- Baking: 10-12 minutes
Serving Size: This recipe makes approximately 24 Linzer cookies.