- 3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Prepare the Coconut Mixture:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sweetened shredded coconut, sweetened condensed milk, fresh lemon zest, fresh lemon juice, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir everything together until well combined.
3. Whip the Egg Whites:
- In a separate, clean, and dry bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. This will take a few minutes of whipping.
4. Combine Egg Whites and Coconut Mixture:
- Gently fold the whipped egg whites into the coconut mixture. Be careful not to deflate the egg whites. Mix until everything is well incorporated.
5. Shape the Macaroons:
- Using a spoon or a cookie scoop, drop rounded tablespoons of the macaroon mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 1 inch apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the macaroons are lightly golden on the outside.
- Remove the macaroons from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes. Then, transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the macaroons are completely cooled, they are ready to be served. Enjoy your Lemon Coconut Macaroons!
Cooking Time: The total cooking time is approximately 20-25 minutes.
Serving Size: This recipe yields approximately 18 Lemon Coconut Macaroons.