- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 cup green beans, chopped
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup small pasta (e.g., ditalini, small shells)
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- Grated Parmesan cheese for serving
1. Sauté Vegetables:
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped onion, carrots, celery, and garlic. Sauté until the vegetables are softened, about 5-7 minutes.
2. Add Zucchini and Green Beans:
- Stir in diced zucchini and chopped green beans. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
3. Combine Tomatoes and Beans:
- Add diced tomatoes and cannellini beans to the pot. Stir to combine.
4. Add Broth and Seasonings:
- Pour in the vegetable broth and add dried oregano, dried basil, dried thyme, salt, and black pepper. Bring the soup to a boil.
5. Cook Pasta:
- Add the small pasta to the pot and cook according to the package instructions until al dente.
6. Incorporate Spinach:
- Stir in the chopped fresh spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
7. Adjust Seasoning:
- Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Ladle the Italian Minestrone into bowls. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
Cooking Time: Approximately 30 minutes.
Serving Size: This recipe makes about 6 servings. Adjust quantities based on your needs.