- 4 cups of water
- 4 green tea bags (or 1-2 tablespoons of loose-leaf green tea)
- 1/4 cup honey or agave syrup (adjust to taste)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1-2 sprigs of fresh mint
- Ice cubes (optional)
1. Boil the Water:
- In a kettle or a saucepan, bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
2. Steep the Green Tea:
- Place the green tea bags or loose-leaf green tea in a heatproof pitcher.
- Pour the boiling water over the tea and let it steep for 3-4 minutes (adjust steeping time based on your tea’s instructions). Remove the tea bags or strain the loose-leaf tea.
3. Sweeten the Tea:
- While the tea is still hot, stir in the honey or agave syrup until it’s completely dissolved. Adjust the sweetness to your taste.
4. Add Lemon Juice:
- Squeeze the juice from one lemon and add it to the sweetened green tea. Stir well.
5. Chill the Tea:
- Allow the tea to cool to room temperature, and then refrigerate it until it’s cold. You can speed up the chilling process by adding ice cubes to the pitcher.
- When you’re ready to serve, add fresh mint sprigs to the pitcher and stir. You can also place a sprig of mint in each glass for garnish.
- Pour the flavored green tea into glasses filled with ice (if desired).
Cooking Time: The total cooking time is approximately 10-15 minutes, including the time to boil water and steep the tea.
Serving Size: This recipe makes approximately 4 servings.