- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 200g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh oregano leaves for garnish (optional)
1. Prepare the Vegetables:
- In a large salad bowl, combine the tomato chunks, sliced cucumber, red onion, and green bell pepper.
2. Add Olives and Feta:
- Toss in the Kalamata olives and crumbled feta cheese.
3. Make the Dressing:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the extra-virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper.
4. Dress the Salad:
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss gently to coat the vegetables and feta with the dressing.
5. Chill and Marinate:
- Allow the Greek Horiatiki Salad to chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors meld.
6. Garnish and Serve:
- Before serving, garnish with fresh oregano leaves if desired.
- Serve the Greek Horiatiki Salad with Feta and Olives as a refreshing side dish or a light meal.
Cooking Time: No cooking time; this is a no-cook recipe.
Serving Size: This recipe makes 4 servings. Adjust quantities based on your preferences or the number of guests.