- 1 1/2 pounds (680g) large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat the Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Sauté the Aromatics:
- In a large ovenproof skillet or pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté until it becomes translucent.
- Add Garlic and Tomatoes:
- Stir in the minced garlic and sauté for another minute until fragrant. Add the diced tomatoes (with their juices) and cook for a few minutes to let the flavors meld.
- Season and Simmer:
- Pour in the white wine and add the dried oregano, dried basil, and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Simmer for about 5-7 minutes, allowing the sauce to thicken slightly.
- Add Shrimp:
- Add the peeled and deveined shrimp to the skillet. Stir them into the tomato sauce to coat. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until the shrimp just start to turn pink.
- Top with Feta:
- Sprinkle the crumbled feta cheese evenly over the shrimp and tomato mixture.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until the shrimp are cooked through, and the cheese is hot and bubbly.
- Garnish and Serve:
- Remove the skillet from the oven and garnish with chopped fresh parsley. Serve the Greek Baked Shrimp with lemon wedges on the side for a refreshing squeeze of citrus.
Cooking Time: The total cooking time is approximately 30 minutes.
Serving Size: This recipe serves 4.