- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Butter, for greasing the griddle
- Preheat the Griddle:
- Preheat a griddle or a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. You’ll know it’s ready when a drop of water sizzles on the surface.
- Mix the Dry Ingredients:
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Prepare the Wet Ingredients:
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, whole milk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Combine Wet and Dry Ingredients:
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir just until they are combined, but a few lumps are okay. Overmixing can make pancakes less fluffy.
- Grease the Griddle:
- Lightly grease the preheated griddle or skillet with a small amount of butter.
- Cook the Pancakes:
- Using a ladle or measuring cup, pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle for each pancake. Leave enough space between them to allow for spreading.
- Cook until you see bubbles forming on the surface and the edges start to look set, usually about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip and Cook the Other Side:
- Carefully flip the pancakes with a spatula and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until they are golden brown and cooked through.
- Keep Warm:
- Transfer the cooked pancakes to a warm oven (set at a low temperature) to keep them warm while you cook the remaining pancakes.
- Serve the fluffy pancakes hot, with maple syrup drizzled over the top. You can also add additional toppings like fresh fruit, whipped cream, or a sprinkle of powdered sugar if you like.
Cooking Time: The total cooking time will depend on the size of your griddle or skillet, but each pancake takes about 4-6 minutes to cook (2-3 minutes per side).
Serving Size: This recipe makes approximately 12-16 pancakes, serving 4 people.