- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Paprika and fresh chives for garnish (optional)
1. Hard-Boil the Eggs:
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover them with water. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for 9-12 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the heat and place them in a bowl of ice water to cool.
2. Peel the Eggs:
- Once the eggs are cool, peel them carefully. Gently tap the eggs on the counter to crack the shells, then peel under running water to make it easier.
3. Cut and Prep the Eggs:
- Cut the peeled eggs in half lengthwise. Carefully remove the yolks and place them in a separate bowl. Arrange the egg white halves on a serving platter.
4. Make the Filling:
- Mash the egg yolks with a fork or potato masher. Add the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, white vinegar, salt, and black pepper. Mix until the filling is smooth and well combined.
5. Fill the Egg Whites:
- Using a spoon, scoop the yolk mixture into the hollows of the egg white halves, creating a little mound.
- Optionally, garnish each deviled egg with a sprinkle of paprika and a small piece of fresh chive.
7. Chill and Serve:
- Cover the deviled eggs with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Cooking Time: The total cooking and preparation time is approximately 30 minutes.
Serving Size: This recipe makes approximately 12 deviled egg halves.