For the Cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Streusel Topping:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cubed
1. Preheat the Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9×13-inch (23×33 cm) baking pan.
2. Make the Streusel Topping:
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, 1/3 cup of flour, and ground cinnamon. Cut in the 4 tablespoons of cold butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
3. Prepare the Cake Batter:
- In a separate mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
4. Add Eggs and Vanilla:
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then stir in the vanilla extract.
5. Combine Dry Ingredients:
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
6. Mix in Sour Cream:
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the sour cream, beginning and ending with the dry mixture. Mix until just combined.
7. Layer Batter and Streusel:
- Spread half of the cake batter into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle half of the streusel topping over the batter.
8. Repeat Layers:
- Add the remaining cake batter, and then sprinkle the rest of the streusel topping on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
10. Cool and Serve: – Let the coffee cake cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before serving.
Cooking Time: The total cooking time is approximately 25-30 minutes in the oven.
Serving Size: This recipe serves approximately 12 people.