- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups crispy fried onions (French’s Fried Onions)
1. Preheat the Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Blanch Green Beans:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the green beans and blanch for 3-4 minutes, then immediately transfer them to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain and set aside.
3. Prepare the Sauce:
- In a large bowl, mix together cream of mushroom soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, and garlic powder.
4. Combine Beans and Sauce:
- Add the blanched green beans to the bowl with the sauce. Stir until the green beans are evenly coated.
5. Transfer to a Casserole Dish:
- Transfer the green bean mixture to a greased 9×13-inch baking dish or a similar-sized casserole dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the mixture is bubbly and the green beans are tender.
7. Add Fried Onions:
- Sprinkle the crispy fried onions evenly over the top of the casserole.
8. Bake Again:
- Return the casserole to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until the fried onions are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
Cooking Time: Approximately 30 minutes.
Serving Size: This recipe serves about 8 people as a side dish. Adjust quantities based on your preferences or the number of guests.