- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Fresh lemon juice to taste
1. Prepare the Reduction:
- In a small saucepan, combine white wine vinegar, white wine, chopped tarragon, and finely chopped shallots.
- Simmer over medium heat until the mixture is reduced by half. Strain and set aside.
2. Create the Egg Yolk Base:
- In a heatproof bowl, whisk the egg yolks until they become slightly thick.
- Gradually whisk in the strained reduction.
3. Add Melted Butter:
- While whisking continuously, slowly pour in the melted butter. Continue whisking until the sauce thickens.
- Season the Béarnaise sauce with salt, white pepper, and fresh lemon juice to taste. Adjust the seasoning according to your preference.
5. Finish with Tarragon:
- Stir in additional chopped fresh tarragon for added flavor.
- Serve the Béarnaise sauce immediately, or keep it warm in a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water until ready to use.
Cooking Time: Approximately 15-20 minutes.
Serving Size: This recipe yields about 1 cup of Béarnaise sauce. Adjust quantities based on your needs or the number of guests.