- 12 ounces (340 grams) fettuccine pasta
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (for garnish, optional)
1. Cook the Fettuccine:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the fettuccine according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. Cook the Chicken:
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken strips and cook until they are no longer pink in the center, about 5-6 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside.
3. Make the Sauce:
- In the same skillet, add the minced garlic and sauté for about 1 minute. Add the heavy cream and unsalted butter, stirring until the butter is melted.
4. Add Parmesan Cheese:
- Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese, allowing it to melt into the sauce. Continue to cook and stir until the sauce thickens, about 3-4 minutes.
- Season the sauce with salt and black pepper to taste.
6. Combine Pasta, Chicken, and Sauce:
- Return the cooked chicken to the skillet and stir to combine. Add the cooked fettuccine and toss to coat the pasta with the creamy Alfredo sauce.
- Serve your Chicken Alfredo hot, garnished with chopped fresh parsley if desired.
Cooking Time: The total cooking time is approximately 25-30 minutes.
Serving Size: This recipe serves approximately 4 people.