- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Catalina salad dressing
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 packet (1 ounce) dry onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat the Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Season the Chicken:
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and black pepper to taste.
3. Sear the Chicken:
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken breasts on both sides until they are browned, about 2-3 minutes per side.
4. Prepare the Sauce:
- In a bowl, mix the Catalina salad dressing, apricot preserves, and dry onion soup mix until well combined.
5. Coat the Chicken:
- Pour the Catalina dressing mixture over the seared chicken breasts in the skillet.
- Place the skillet in the preheated oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through, and the sauce is bubbly.
7. Garnish and Serve:
- If desired, garnish with chopped fresh parsley before serving.
Cooking Time: The total cooking time is approximately 25-30 minutes in the oven.
Serving Size: This recipe serves approximately 4 people.