- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 pound (about 225g) breakfast sausage
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 large flour tortillas
- Cooking oil for sautéing
- Scramble the Eggs:
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Season with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Cook the Sausage:
- In a large skillet, cook the breakfast sausage over medium heat, breaking it into smaller pieces as it cooks. Once it’s browned and cooked through, transfer it to a plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess grease.
- Sauté the Vegetables:
- In the same skillet, add a little cooking oil if needed. Sauté the diced onions and bell peppers until they soften and become slightly caramelized, about 5 minutes.
- Add the Eggs:
- Pour the egg and milk mixture into the skillet with the sautéed onions and bell peppers. Stir continuously to scramble the eggs. When they are mostly set but still slightly runny, stir in the diced tomatoes and cooked sausage. Continue cooking for another 1-2 minutes until the eggs are fully cooked.
- Assemble the Burritos:
- Warm the flour tortillas in a dry skillet or microwave for a few seconds.
- Place a portion of the egg, sausage, and vegetable mixture down the center of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top of the filling.
- Roll the Burritos:
- To roll each burrito, fold the sides in and then roll it from the bottom, tucking the filling as you go.
- Serve your Breakfast Burritos warm, either as is or with salsa, hot sauce, or your favorite breakfast condiments.
Cooking Time: The total cooking time is approximately 20-25 minutes.
Serving Size: This recipe makes 4 Breakfast Burritos.