- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 (14 ounces) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- A pinch of salt
- Chocolate sprinkles or grated chocolate (for coating)
- Butter or chocolate chips (for greasing hands)
1. Prep Work:
- Grease your hands with a bit of butter or use chocolate chips to prevent the brigadeiros from sticking.
2. Melt Butter:
- In a non-stick saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
3. Add Condensed Milk:
- Pour in the sweetened condensed milk and add a pinch of salt.
4. Incorporate Cocoa Powder:
- Sift in the cocoa powder gradually, stirring continuously to avoid lumps.
5. Cook the Mixture:
- Continue stirring the mixture over medium heat. It will start to thicken.
6. Reach Brigadeiro Consistency:
- Keep stirring until the mixture thickens to a consistency where you can see the bottom of the pan for a brief moment when scraping the spoon across it.
7. Cool the Mixture:
- Transfer the mixture to a greased plate or bowl and let it cool to room temperature. This can take a few hours.
8. Shape Brigadeiros:
- Grease your hands again and take small portions of the cooled mixture to shape into small balls.
9. Coat with Chocolate Sprinkles:
- Roll each brigadeiro ball in chocolate sprinkles or grated chocolate until well coated.
- Place the brigadeiros in small candy cups or serve on a decorative plate.
Cooking Time: Approximately 15-20 minutes.
Serving Size: This recipe makes about 20-25 brigadeiros, depending on the size. Adjust quantities based on your needs. Enjoy these delightful Brazilian sweets!