- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups peeled, cored, and finely chopped apples (about 2 medium apples)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup raisins or dried cranberries (optional)
1. Preheat the Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners or grease the muffin cups.
2. Mix Wet Ingredients:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, applesauce, Greek yogurt, brown sugar, melted butter, egg, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
3. Combine Dry Ingredients:
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and salt.
4. Combine Wet and Dry Ingredients:
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are okay.
5. Add Apples and Optional Ingredients:
- Gently fold in the chopped apples and, if desired, add the chopped nuts and raisins or dried cranberries.
6. Fill Muffin Cups:
- Divide the muffin batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for a few minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy your Apple Oatmeal Muffins as a wholesome snack or breakfast option.
Cooking Time: The total cooking time is approximately 18-20 minutes.
Serving Size: This recipe makes approximately 12 Apple Oatmeal Muffins.